Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snowflakes & Drizzle



I woke up in a daze this morning. It would appear the rain outside has numbed my senses most profoundly. It has not stopped for days and days now, and almost as if the drizzle has blurred my vision, I need glasses. Upon a trip to the opticians I was notified of such, secretly pleased that my inner librarian could at last be released by whipping out the ultimate accessory every inhibited intellect needs. I have always wanted glasses because I have always thought of them as a hidden persona that one can wear, quite literally, whenever one wants to express themselves in a different way, as though you can be two different people at once. The dream I forever chase. I am told I am short-sighted and so must wear glasses for activities such as driving and the like; the light starts to blur in my vision and my head starts to dully ache otherwise. 

I wade further and further away from the title of this post. It is rather more suited to the title "glasses" now that I seem to have given a detailed report on the ins and outs of my eyesight. I was supposed to be divulging in one of my favourite outfits for the wintry holidays where the days simply merge and melt away with the rest of the slushy snow that barely grounded. Never mind, let's hope for this drizzle to vanish and be replaced with falling snowflakes all around to match my leggings ^_^ . I have been practically living in this outfit for the past few days and believe it is to become my "go-to" outfit for the upcoming chilled months. I use that word in the true sense of the meaning as well as in the fashion of the "chilled out" demeanor that I will no doubt be accommodating in the comfort of home over the next few days.

It proves the perfect attire as it enables you to slouch around the house in comfort whilst not succumbing to the disgrace of wearing your pyjamas all day. I can leave my days of hiding away in shame when the post lady rings the doorbell behind me and instead jump in haste to answer the door with pride; what a sneaky disguise this outfit doth prove. I have my upcoming exams in just a few weeks, so you must excuse my ragged hair and weary expression, I have not been sleeping well zzz; a severe case of "the boxing day blues" has caught me unaware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment